Tier 4 Visa

Applications advice



JUser: :_load: Unable to load user with ID: 372

Tier 4 Student Visa Information

  • Current passport or other valid travel documents
  • Financial Evidence
  • Proof of parental or other legal guardian consent if you’re under 18.

If you are a 16 or 17 year old Tier 4 (General) student, you have the legal right to live independently in the UK, and so may make your own arrangements for accommodation. However you require the consent of your parent(s)/legal guardian(s) to do this and to travel to the UK (if you are applying from overseas). If you are 16 or 17 years old and living independently, you must provide a letter from your parent(s) or legal guardian(s), confirming:


  1. The relationship between you and your parent(s) or legal guardian(s);
  2. That your parent(s) or legal guardian(s) have given their consent to your application;
  3. That your parent(s) or legal guardian(s) have given their consent to you living independently in the UK; and
  4. That your parent(s) of legal guardian(s) have given their consent to your independent travel to the UK.
  5. The letter must confirm if your parent(s) or legal guardian(s) have legal custody or sole responsibility for you. If they have sole custody then they must sign the letter. If they do not, the letter must confirm that each of your parent(s) or legal guardian(s) agree to the contents of the letter and it must be signed by each parent or legal guardian.


  • Proof of English
  • Pay Healthcare Surcharge

The immigration health surcharge is a financial contribution to the UK’s National Health Service. You will pay the surcharge if you are a non-EEA national and you are granted immigration permission to enter the UK to study for a time-limited period of more than six months. You will also need to pay it if you are a non- EEA national who is already in the UK and you wish to apply to extend your stay. You will pay the charge (currently £150 for each period of 12 months leave granted) when you make your application.

  • Will need fingerprints & photographs at the Visa Application Centre (to obtain BRP)

The Home Office has introduced BRPs (Biometric Residence Permits) for applicants applying for entry clearance to come to the UK for more than six months. You will apply for a BRP at the same time as you apply for entry clearance. If your entry clearance application is successful, you will be given a vignette valid for 30 days. This will allow you to enter the UK. You must then collect your BRP from the Post Office branch you selected as part of your application no later than 10 days after your arrival in the UK

Your Tier 4 sponsor must keep a copy of your BRP and you must keep the original. If you find a mistake on your BRP it must be corrected promptly. You must contact the Home Office immediately with details of the error and provide supporting documentation as required. Instructions on how to do this will be provided to you when you collect your BRP. In exceptional circumstances, you may be required to provide your fingerprints again.You must also notify the Home Office if there is an error on your visa – for instance that the period of leave is incorrect or it includes a right to work and you are not entitled to work.


Bringing over family members

Your family members (dependants) might be able to apply to join or remain with you in the UK if they’re from outside the European Economic Area (EEA) or Switzerland.


A dependant is either:

  1. Your husband, wife or civil partner
  2. Your unmarried or same-sex partner
  3. Your child under 18 years old - including if they were born in the UK during your stay


You can apply to bring a dependant to the UK if you’re:

  1. Sponsored by a higher education institution on a course at level 7 on the Ofqual register or above that lasts 1 year or more
  2. A new government-sponsored student on a course that lasts longer than 6 months
  3. A Doctorate Extension Scheme student
  4. They’ll also have to pay the healthcare surcharge as part of their application.


Information sourced from https://www.gov.uk/tier-4-general-visa
  • Interested in applying? Click the link to enquire today

    apply_now button